Saturday, July 20, 2013

It's Hard to Soar With The Eagles When You Are Surrounded By Turkeys

Some days you just can't win.

After a hectic week, I can definitely say that one of the big demotivators I've run across is the dismissive attitude you sometimes find in quasi-competing groups.  I found out that one such group has been making interface changes and not passing the info back to my group because it was their fervent belief that we would be deprecated Real Soon Now, and our product would never need to connect over the modified interface.  This despite having at least 2 prior cases where that belief was proven false, and I had to make sudden adjustments to my product to cover for their omissions.  

It is poisonous to morale, this empire building mentality.

Don't let that behavior go on at your company

No comments: