Sunday, January 04, 2009

Good Advice From Google, part 1

I have not had much experience with Test-Driven Development yet, as it's very difficult to insert a methodology from the grassroots, especially one that does not necessarily have the buy-in of all your team, but I like the general tenets of TDD, much like I do those of XP and the more encompassing Agile Development movement.

So here are some tidbits of good advice from Google.  I especially like the points about not using "new" except in factory classes, and "ask for, don't look for".  I'm less sure about the diss of Singletons - I understand the general point, but can see reasons for them in fact.  I'm wondering if this is one of those philosophical points, like Platonic vs Aristotelean views.





Technorati Tags --
, , ,
HTTP

No comments: