Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Burnout

I'm suffering a bad case of burnout.  Work has been a lot of conflicting bug fixes, nearly one hundred arbitrary deadlines, every release getting patch branches, and it's gotten me down.  The work is too simple and too rushed to be satisfying.  The matrix management has all the managers giving me "top priority" tasks, each wanting their own to be really top priority.  Other development teams are trying to obsolete portions of our product.  Customers are pushing their systems past all reasonable limits because our marketing dept did not push back.

In short, I'm sitting in the middle of a big helping of Life Sucks right now.

My hope is that the holidays will get me some much-needed sleep and downtime, and I will start up out of the pit.




Technorati Tags --
, , ,
HTTP

No comments: